The gown : a novel of the royal wedding / Jennifer Robson.
- 3 of 9 copies available at BC Interlibrary Connect. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Smithers Public Library.
1 current hold with 9 total copies.
View other formats and editions
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Holdable?||Status||Due Date|
|Smithers Public Library||LP ROB (Text)||35101011028581||Large Print||Volume hold||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9780062887887 (paperback)
- Physical Description: 516 pages ; 24 cm
- Edition: First HarperLuxe edition.
- Publisher: New York : HarperLuxe, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers, 2019.
- Copyright: ©2019.
London, 1947: Besieged by the harshest winter in living memory, burdened by onerous shortages and rationing, the people of postwar Britain are enduring lives of quiet desperation despite their nation's recent victory. Among them are Ann Hughes and Miriam Dassin, embroiderers at the famed Mayfair fashion house of Norman Hartnell. Together they forge an unlikely friendship, but their nascent hopes for a brighter future are tested when they are chosen for a once-in-a-lifetime honor: taking part in the creation of Princess Elizabeth's wedding gown.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Elizabeth II, Queen of Great Britain, 1926- > Fiction.
Wedding costume > Fiction.
Women dressmakers > Fiction.
Large type books.
London (England) > Social life and customs > 20th century > Fiction.